American luxuries I once looked forward to now feel empty, as nothing fills the void that Africa left.
Someone once said, “Once you get the dust of Africa on your feet, it will never leave you.”
~~~~~~
The U.S. is a stark reality when compared with the developing world. But for now, the Lord has me here in America, like most of you who are reading this. A dear friend of mine exhorted me: Don’t live in sadness.
Pray. Engage. Invest.
I need not be in Africa in order to shape Africa, to have a profound impact on a child in poverty. I simply need a heart that prays and longs for healing and blessing upon a continent too often overlooked.
I pray that each of us may turn the void in our hearts into an expanded place to love others at a level we have never yet experienced.
-- from a blog post on Compassion International



No comments:
Post a Comment