Tuesday, January 1, 2008

there is a fountain...

filled with blood, drawn from Immanuel's veins, and sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains

I was listening to that song today as I drove through the snow filled streets of FW. I am a really reflective person, especially on days like New Years Day. I couldn't help but feel like the snow was a gift from God to remind me and others that we are made new in Him and by his blood. Not because it's a new year, but because of who He is and the blood He shed. Isaiah 1:18 says, "though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow." Psalm 32:1 says, "Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."

New Years resolutions are silly to me unless we are making commitments through and by the one who has made us new by his blood. My efforts will fail, but I believe he will honor our desires to grow and be more like Christ.

Happy New Year. More blogs to come soon, I think.

No comments: