Thursday, November 20, 2008

Last saturday I went with some friends to hear Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove speak at a church in Ohio. I knew very little about him, and while hearing him speak for a few hours only gave me a small glimpse of his heart I was encouraged and challenged by some things he shared.

He shared a lot of stories from history, some related to racial reconcilition, which were so very interesting. Some might put Jonathan in the "social justice" category of today. This is one of his books that I look forward to reading sometime:



And here's another book, this is the one I actually just started



Without having read more than a couple pages, and without having fully processed some of what he shared I'll end this without any grand insights! But if you are one seeking to know God by living in intentional community with other believers than I suspect you may like to hear/read some of Jonathan's thoughts.

No comments: