Saturday, May 3, 2008

kenya blog # 8: I'M TRUSTING GOD

one of my greatest lessons during our 9 day trip was a less in trust and faith.

i've told you now about pastor sammy in kibera and clive & mary of new life homes.

clive & mary knew that God had called them to serve in Africa, believed that God cares for the orphan, and knew with all their hearts that God was going to provide exactly what they needed to do His work in this place.

they TRUSTED GOD

pastor sammy started nearly half of his sentences with the words "I'M TRUSTING GOD TO..."

he's trusting God to provide his rent this month
he's trusting God to heal his mother from a massive stroke
he's trusting God to provide the funds for her medication each month
he's trusting God to provide the materials and funds for an area where he can house boys that have no where to live
he's trusting God to continue using in him to minister in Kibera

before we even left kibera that day, i wrote on my hand the words "I'm trusting God" and let those words run through my head as we drove back to our guesthouse.

that evening, for our team time i asked each person to share a prayer request but to start with the words "I'm trusting God"

we had a really sweet time, being challenged to trust God in what he's called each of us to do according to the heart and word of God

No comments: